I swear I do more than just Brunch my Sunday’s away. I’ve actually allocated all my Sundays to being my Domestic Goddess Days #DGD. These are the days where in between having a fabulous Brunch, I take care of everything that needs to be done to set the following week up for success. This is when the laundry either goes into the wash, or gets folded to be put away (never the twain shall happen on the same day, I just can’t do it). This is where toilets get scrubbed, furniture gets dusted, and miniature kitties that appear from your real feline overlords gets vaccummed up. But y’all don’t care about that. You have your own domestic situations to wade through and reading about mine isn’t why you come here. You come here for one of the most important things I do on a Sunday, and that is #mealprep. Yeah baby, I’m one of THOSE people.
Most people think that meal prep is for people who have nothing but time, but in reality, it takes just as long to make enough food for 5 days of lunches as it takes to make 1. So you can either find that time every single day, or you can do it once a week. Seems like a simple decision to me, but your mileage may vary. Since it’s still Summer, even though its Fall (seriously will the temp ever go below 90 again?), this week we’ve got a simple pasta salad.
- 1 Package Orzo
- 2 Cans Tuna in Olive Oil Trust me, it’ way better than the ones in water
- 1 Can Sliced Olives Pick the size you prefer
- 2 Tbsp Capers
- 1.5 Cups Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes Or the tomatoes that you prefer
- 1 Bunch Fresh Basil
- 12 Oz Mozrella I like cubes for this dish, but you do you
- 1/4 Cup Vinaigrette Salad dressing of your choice really, I just prefer my homemade vinaigrette
- Prepare the Orzo according to the package directions
- In a big bowl, add all ingredients together and stir
- Portion out for dinner that day, and then lunch for another 5
It really doesn’t get much easier than that folks! And the best part is, it tastes even better the next day, and the day after that etc. Time to get back to the #DGD grind, that toilet won’t scrub itself…unfortunately!