Well, It’s Sunday again, so you know what that means – the best meal ever, BRUNCH! Today’s brunch is brought to you by both Gluttony, and a Benediction cocktail 😉
I don’t really have that much of a sweet tooth, but when I do, I really do. This is a take on the savory strata that I made a little while back, and is an excellent example of just how versatile strata’s can be.
- 14 Mini Croissants or 8 large Croissants.
- 8 Large or Jumbo Eggs
- 1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream You can substitue Whole Milk, but why would you?
- 4 oz Mascarpone
- 2 tbsp Truvia Brown Sugar Or equivalent of regular brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom
- 1 tbsp Orange Zest
- 3 oz Amaretto Liqueur Or 1 tsp Almond Extract for those less Boozy Broads out there
- Cut the croissants into 2 inch squares, set aside and allow to dry out slightly
- Mix all other ingredients in a seperate bowl thoroughly
- Set oven to preheat at 350
- Combine croissants with liquid mixture, combine thoroughly
- Add mixture to greased baking dish
- Bake for 35 minutes, till golden brown
Since it’s Sunday, a nice relaxing day, don’t forget to treat yourself like the Queen/King that you are while you partake of this oh so delicious Brunch.
Of course, no Brunch is complete without tasty beverages…I took inspiration for this one from something called a Benediction that I found randomly while looking up B&B Cocktails. I tweaked it (SHOCKING!). Word to the wise, or really just a reminder, this one is strong (umm aren’t they all?) – so partake with caution!
- 1 oz B&B
- 3-4 dashes Peychaud’s Bitters
- Orange peel rosette
- 1 Maraschino Cherry
- Prosecco (or other bubbly of your choice!)
Add the B&B to your glass with your beautiful Orange rosette at the bottom and your cherry in the center. Add the bitters, and top with bubbly.
Chin Chin my lovelies!